We gave some tips and tricks in the past regarding the recent released RPG from Piranha Bytes, Risen 2, it is time for more tips.
The following tips and tricks might contain light story spoilers.
- Pick cunning and thieving skills if you want more fun from this game, also if you want to have a lot of gold and obtain rare items.
- If you want to steal items from chests, go into “sneak” from a point where the NPCs can’t see you. You can even “sneak” and go further once you are on their back. If you get caught, just run out of the building or room to avoid combat (works like for the old Gothic games). It is interesting that even if some NPCs will caught you stealing, they won’t react violently and start to fight. You can just ignore them.
- The easiest way to finish the game is by specializing in melee combat, you will be able to down any enemy near the end of the game and have no issues with the last boss.
- taking companions during the game will not make the game very easy, once you get the “small funny” companion, you will surely take it with you on any island you will land from that point further.
- Gather as much plants as you can from the environment, especially those that act as provisions, you will need them.
- To defeat any enemy that can’t “one shot you”, use drinks that will instant regenerate your health instead of provisions that are just regenerating your health but after some time. Drinking is the thing that makes Risen 2 very easy. You can exploit it.
- If you play as melee, aim to get the “powerful hits” skill and you will beat most of the mobs after that. You will have to press the left mouse click longer so your hits will do more damage and also sometimes interrupt the attacks of your enemies.
- You can grind mobs once you revisit an island. Most of the mobs will spawn, monkeys, boars, jaguars etc. It can be boring though.
- Sleep if there is bed near you so you can save your provisions.
- “In what to invest your gold?” If you want to have more gold, learn thieving skills, and if you play melee, learn some basic skills that will allow you to advance in the game. Those skills will be enough but will still require some high amounts of gold, 1-2k gold per learned skill.
- Find treasures, you can see them on the map by clicking on the quest (after you got it) and then on “mark on the map”. These treasures usually contain gold and valuable items that you can sell.
- Pickpocket will reward glory when you manage to steal from a NPC, so cunning is useful even for getting extra glory.
- You can sprint in Risen 2, it can be useful for escaping mobs or just to travel faster.
- If you get to the temple (third island) and you can’t defeat those NPCs (the ones from jungle), take the left side and you can avoid them (the path usually takes you to the right side).
- Jaffar’s treasure? Wait until you finish the game. There might be another way to finish this quest.
- You can also travel faster after you have discovered some specific locations like towns, towers etc. Check the map for the squares and click on them in order to teleport your character to that location.